The Maranguka Justice Reinvestment Project has assembled a talented and committed core team consisting of:
- Alistair Ferguson, Executive Director of Maranguka, based in Bourke. The position is funded by the Vincent Fairfax Family Foundation and the Dusseldorp Forum.
- Sarah Hopkins, Project Director. Sarah is also the Chair of Just Reinvest NSW and Managing Solicitor Justice Projects at Aboriginal Legal Service (NSW/ACT).
- Kristy Kennedy, Backbone Co-ordinator, based in Bourke. The Backbone Co-ordinator The position is funded by the Cages Foundation.
- Vivianne Prince, Project Officer: A position on the ground in Bourke to assist Alistair Ferguson to deliver Project outcomes funded by St Vincent de Paul Society Foundation for Social Innovation.
- Skye Bullen, Community Data Manager (Part Time), based in Bourke. This position is funded by the Department of Family and Community Services.
- Cath Brokenborough, Facilitator: Lend Lease is releasing Cath to fill the role of external facilitator, to be based in Bourke three days per month.
- Kerry Graham, Consultant: Kerry has agreed to provide critical advice on the collective impact framework.
The Government is involved in the Maranguka JR Project in a number of ways.
At a state level, the NSW Government provides the Maranguka JR Project with a Cross Sector Champion who is authorised by the Premier and jointly convenes the Cross Sector Leadership Group (CSLG), the CSLG Executive is convened through the Department of Premier and Cabinet. Just Reinvest is advocating for the NSW State government to provide coordinated support to other justice reinvestment initiatives in NSW.
Cross Sector Champion
The Hon. Brad Hazzard (Minister for Health), was appointed NSW Government Cross-Portfolio Champion for the Maranguka Justice Reinvestment Project in 2015. In this role, Minister Hazzard was crucial in facilitating the data collection process, as well as fostering a culture of collaboration across government departments.
The Cross Sector Leadership Group
The Cross Sector Leadership Group is comprised of senior leaders from all levels of government, non-profits, philanthropy, business, and community. Senior leaders from all sectors are briefed and updated regularly on progress so that they can provide support and facilitation where needed.
The Cross Sector Executive
To ensure progress between the Cross Sector Leadership Group meetings, an Executive of the Group has been formed convened by the Department of Premier and Cabinet and comprised of representatives from Maranguka, JRNSW, Justice, Aboriginal Affairs, Police, Juvenile Justice, Health, Education, Funders, FACS Prime Minister and Cabinet, and the NSW Ombudsman.
For more information on the Terms of Reference in the Maranguka Justice Reinvestment Project, click here.